‘Hirer’ refers to any person or persons, company, business, organisations and or group, hiring from Kumeu Bouncy Castles Ltd.
Any person held responsible for the hire of the castle must be aged 18+. If you are below the age of 18 you may not sign the Hire agreement.
All items delivered to the Hirer or picked up(excluding bouncy castles that need to be delivered and set up by Kumeu Bouncy Castles) from Kumeu Bouncy Castles Ltd remain the responsibilty of the Hirer from the time of collection or ‘setup’ until the time of delivery or collection by an agent of Kumeu Bouncy Castles Ltd. The Hirer is responsible for the insurance of equipment for the period of hire including where the customer transports to and from the premises of Kumeu Bouncy Castles Ltd.
Kumeu Bouncy Castles Ltd reserves the right to cancel any hire that we decide may be dangerous or jeopardise safety in any way.
The hire period commences at the time shown on the hire agreement and is terminated at the time stated on the hire agreement.
A refundable bond is payable for equipment hire (excluding Bouncy Castle Hire) and will be refunded if the equipment is returned in good and working order. If the equipment is returned unclean, or with damage, missing items, or stains, the bond will be retained by Kumeu Bouncy Castles Ltd.
The Hirer authorises an agent of Kumeu Bouncy Castles Ltd to bring their vehicle and equipment on to the Hirer’s property to deliver and recover the equipment.
The equipment shall not be moved from the site upon which it was delivered and set up, without the authority of Kumeu Bouncy Castles Ltd.
Kumeu Bouncy Castles Ltd accepts no liabilty for any claims in the respect of any injury to persons or damage to property arising out of the use of the bouncy castle, however caused. The Hirer will be responsible/liable for any and all damage or injury occurring from or as a result of misuse or reckless use. This includes any consequential damage, loss or injury whether physical and/or financial.
The Hirer shall be present at the delivery address to acknowledge receipt of the equipment hired. The Hirer is responsible for checking the equipment upon pick up or delivery. Kumeu Bouncy Castles Ltd cannot accept responsibility for shortages or claims after the customer takes possession.
The Hirer shall be liable for any costs or penalties due to the equipment creating any obstruction including without limitation any local authority fines, towage costs, seizure or impoundment costs during the hire period.
In the event of loss of the equipment/bouncy castle the Hirer shall pay Kumeu Bouncy Castles Ltd the sum equivalent to the cost of replacing the lost equipment.
In the event of Kumeu Bouncy Castles Ltd being unable to retrieve it’s equipment from the Hirer at the conclusion of the hire, or if the Hirer does not return the equipment at the designated return time, then costs for additional hours will be calculated and added. e.g. Overnight fees will be charged. Where this additional payment is not made, collection will be reffered to Norton Law and all recovery costs and fees will be added to the total amount owing.
Mid Week Special: Monday to Thursday- Not available on Public Holidays.
Furthermore the equipment may not be loaned, sub let or rented to any other person/organisation and may not be utilized for financial gain.
The equipment does not purport to be new stock or equal to new, but when sent out all items are understood to be in good condition and fit for normal use.
Our Free Delivery Offer is applicable to Hirer’s whose venue is within 25km road driving range from our base at Oraha Road, Huapai. This offer only applies to the hiring of a Bouncy Castle.
The Facebook Friends discount is per castle hired. Only the Hirer may claim this discount. Maximum $10 per castle.- This discount is no longer available and will only be given to clients who are currently on our Facebook page but not to any new customers.
All equipment must be returned complete, clean, dry, undamaged and in full working condition as received. If returned wet, a drying charge will apply if this was done purposely, i.e. not weather related. If returned dirty, i.e., food or drink spillages, stains, face paint, glitter, excessive dirt or sand etc, a cleaning fee will be applied. $25 per hour.
HIRE WILL BE BETWEEN APPROXIMATELY 7 AM AND 11:30 PM, THOUGH SOME FLEXIBILITY MAY APPLY IN THE WINTER/SUMMER MONTHS FOR A MAXIMUM TOTAL OF 8 HOURS.
Two day hire( excluding Bouncy Castles Hire) may start between the hours of 8am and finish at/before 5pm the following day.
The Hirer must ensure the following regarding the hiring of Bouncy Castles:
- that no children play near the electric blower or power lead at the side/rear of the inflatable.
- that use of the bouncy castle is restricted to children of, or below the age specified in our hire page.
- the bouncy castle is not overcrowded, and limit numbers according to the age and size of children using it. Try to avoid large and small children from using it at the same time as this can result in injury. There should be no more than 8 children at any one time on a castle.
- that no shoes are worn, no food or drink is consumed on the inflatable and no sharp objects be allowed on or near the bouncy castle which will avoid the risk of choking.
- no pets or animals are allowed on the bouncy castle or associated equipment.
- that adult supervision is provided at all times.
- there is no smoking or barbeques on or near the Bouncy Castle.
- that for the users own safety and the safety of the equipment, there is no climbing on the mesh or over the side walls of the bouncy castle.
- that there is a flat, dry, easily accessible site for ‘setup’. We will not be responsible for lifting heavy items up and down stairs or over fences etc. We may cancel the hire at our discretion if these obstacles are present.
- they aquire any permits that may be required to operate the equipment and hereby indemnify Kumeu Bouncy Castles Ltd from any penalties or other obligations incurred due to the Hirer’s failure to obtain or comply with any such permit.
- power is available within 25 Metres of the equipment setup. Only the one power lead, which is supplied by Kumeu Bouncy Castles Ltd is used.
- in the event that the blower stops working, please ensure all users get off the bouncy castle immediately. The blower has a safety reset button, try pressing this, also check the fuses and make sure the blower tube or deflation tube has not come undone or something has not blown onto and is obstructing the blower. In the event that it overheats, or loses power, switch the blower off at the mains, wait 1 or 2 minutes and then switch it back on again. If it does not re-start, inform us straight away.
streamers, poppers, silly string etc are kept away from the bouncy castle as they stain the vinyl !! Face Paint also stains the vinyl.
- in the event of any damage to the equipment, the Hirer shall: 1. Immediately notify Kumeu Bouncy Castles Ltd by telephone at the number provided on the agreement/invoice. 2. Return the equipment or make arrangements to have the equipment collected. 3. Not attempt to repair the damage in any way. 4. Be liable to Kumeu Bouncy Castles Ltd for the sum equivalent to the cost of making good the damage whether by repair by our designated repairer or replacement if repair is not an option.
- if the bouncy castle is not being used for any part of the day, please switch the blower off at the mains.
- no one is on the bouncy castle during inflation or deflation as this is very dangerous.
- generators may be used at unpowered locations but they are the responsibility of the Hirer. Kumeu Bouncy Castles Ltd does not hire or hire out generators.
- that if the bouncy castle has to be carried up stairs then there needs to be additional people present to help the driver carry the bouncy castle.
- the safety mat (if provided) is returned clean.
It is Kumeu Bouncy Castles Ltd policy to collect payment at the time the hire begins or pre-deposited into our bank account. Where payment is not made upon delivery/pick-up and no other arrangements have been made, collection will be referred to Norton Law and all recovery costs and fees will be added to the total amount owing. Should payment still not be made, you give us permission to list your details with the Credit Bureau and hand over for collection to Debt Collectors. All additional collection fees and solicitor fees will be at your own cost.
If we arrive at your venue to deliver and you cancel or the environment is deemed unsafe or unsuitable for a castle to be set up on, the full amount of the invoice is payable.
Week days bookings need to be confirmed by 7am of the day of the function. (Applicable to Bouncy Castles Only). If you go ahead with the booking and the weather changes during the day and you or us deem it unsuitable to put up the Bouncy Castles you will be liable for the full invoiced amount as the drivers need to take time off work to deliver the castles.
Business, Events and Public Functions are + GST + $40 refundable bond if event held outside.
If it is raining on the morning of that day and the Metservice www.MetService.co.nz is stating that it will rain all day, and you wish to postpone or cancel – we just ask that you PLEASE let us know by calling before 8 am. For safety reasons(applicable to Bouncy Castles only), we cannot allow a hire to proceed if there are high winds or heavy rain on the day. Remember if it rains we both miss out because we do not charge you due to unfavourable weather conditions.
Please note that castle, table and chair prices, delivery costs and availability are subject to change without notice. Although we try to assure accuracy, Kumeu Bouncy Castles Ltd cannot be responsible for typographical or photo error on our website or any other publication.
The Kumeu Bouncy Castles Ltd website implements web analytics by Google and Facebook. All users of the Kumeu Bouncy Castles Ltd website , therefor are subject to their relevant privacy terms and conditions.